Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Everything you see in my etsy shop, BeautifulBagsEtc, is handmade by me personally in my home studio from the initial concept through completion. All of my handbags are sewn on a commercial machine and a sophisticated embroidery machine. My main focus is creating one of a kind handbags. My creativity began sitting beside my Grandmother while she skillfully operated an old treadle powered sewing machine. Sewing and tailoring classes all through my school years eventually lead me to reupholstering furniture. After 35 very successful years, I've retired and developed a less strenuous creative outlet. I work with a wide variety of heavier and durable fabrics. I've built my reputation on quality craftsmanship which I carry with me in creating each and every one of my purses. I have always been of the opinion that a person should do one thing and do it very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment